Dino Pencil Case sewing pattern (with video)
This Dino Pencil Case is a cute sewing pattern that kids big and small will love. Dino comes with full printable patterns, full photo written instructions, a video tutorial, plus bonus SVG and Projector files if you want to use them. This pattern really has it all and is super cute too!
This dinosaur will make a great gift for young and old alike! He holds quite a lot and can be resized if you’d like to. Dino has a large zipper mouth for your pens and pencils, and you can really go ‘wild’ with your choice of fabrics for him. It’s a scrap-friendly pattern to use up some smaller pieces, or your favorite fat quarters.
This pencil case is a confident beginner pattern due to the curved zip but the designer hopes that you will give it a go even if you haven’t sewn in a curved zip before!
As well as full written instructions that you can print out and sew along too, there is a full video step-by-step tutorial on the designer’s YouTube channel. You can view the 23-minute video for the Dino Pencil Case below.
– One Fat quarter of the main fabric.
– One Fat quarter of contrasting fabric(s).
– One fat quarter of lining fabric.
– One zipper tape and pull or zip 8 1/4″ (21 cm).
– 1/2 meter of medium interfacing.
– 1/2 meter of fusible fleece.
– Two safety eyes (or use rivets, buttons, etc!).
– Thread to match.
– The PDF patterns can be printed directly on standard A4 or US letter paper.
– The sewing patterns have full seam allowance included.
– You will also receive SVG files for a cutting machine as well as projector files if you prefer these cutting methods.
– Full step-by-step written instructions with photos.
– Full video tutorial for you to sew along with or if you get stuck on Youtube.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.