All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a very unique looking handbag which comes with a FREE pattern.
The Denim Farfalle Handbag gets its name from the fact that the Italian word Farfalle means butterfly.
This shabby chic bag really stands out from the crowd. It can be made using numerous types of fabric but this one has been made with denim.
What you will need to make the Denim Farfalle Handbag
- Two pieces of 16 by 12 by 1/2 inch denim- new or upcycled (new will be stiffer than upcycled)
- Two 3 by 25 inch strips of denim for the handles
- Two pieces of 6 by 12 by 1/2 inch of your choice for the lining, cotton or satin
- One 2 by 3 inch piece of cardstock for the bow template
- 43 to 48 2 by 3 inch rectangles of denim for the bows
- 1 yard of coordinating blue satin ribbon
- Fray Check
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- One magnetic snap (optional)
- Extra material for inside pocket
- Medium weight interfacing (optional)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Click here for the FREE pattern