All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a very unique looking handbag which comes with a FREE pattern.
The Denim Farfalle Handbag gets its name from the fact that the Italian word Farfalle means butterfly.
This shabby chic bag really stands out from the crowd. It can be made using numerous types of fabric but this one has been made with denim.
What you will need to make the Denim Farfalle Handbag:-
- Two pieces of 16 by 12 by 1/2 inch denim- new or upcycled (new will be stiffer than upcycled),
- Two 3 by 25-inch strips of denim for the handles,
- Two pieces of 6 by 12 by 1/2 inch of your choice for the lining, cotton or satin,
- One 2 by 3-inch piece of cardstock for the bow template,
- 43 to 48 2 by 3-inch rectangles of denim for the bows,
- 1-yard of coordinating blue satin ribbon,
- Fray Check,
- Glue gun and glue sticks,
- One magnetic snap (optional),
- Extra material for the inside pocket,
- Medium weight interfacing (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.