Coin Purse Travel Wallet FREE sewing pattern (with video)
This is a FREE beginner-friendly pdf sewing pattern and step-by-step YouTube tutorial for a coin purse or wallet from the designer Spencer Ogg Sewing Patterns.
It’s made with two pockets, that are enough to fit your cash and cards, a regular size mobile phone, and your passport. It’s fully lined with two pockets but it’s a really quick and easy sew.
With this awesome project, there is no hardware and there is no measuring as you will be able to download for free a paper pattern piece!
It also makes a great quick sew for gifts and craft fairs.
As an additional FREE bonus, the designer has included a 13-minute YouTube video showing you how to make her easy coin purse travel wallet. You’ll find the YouTube video just below.
When you make yourself your own Coin Purse Travel Wallet it will measure approximately 6¼” (15.75 cm) by 4¼” (11 cm).
To make this nice neat purse the designer has these excellent tips:-
- Trim your fleece down by 1cm (3/8″) all the way around so it isn’t adding bulk to your seams. If you are using a heavier fabric you can cut a little more from the bottom straight edge of the fleece.
- Use lightweight fabric only for the closure strap.
- Clip your bottom corners well before turning through.
You can also make a men’s version if you like. The designer made one using coated ripstop and didn’t add the fleece to that one.
What you will need to make a Coin Purse Travel Wallet:-
- Outer fabric – A fat quarter of quilting cotton – or mix and match two contrasting fabrics,
- Medium fusible interfacing – The designer uses Vilene F220 or Pellon SF101,
- Fusible fleece – lightweight fusible fleece works well just to add a little body,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
A seam allowance of 1cm (3/8”) is used throughout unless otherwise stated. The seam allowance is included in the pattern pieces.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE pattern and video tutorial
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.