All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a FREE pdf pattern for an adorable crossbody bag called The Sweet Pea Saddle Bag.
The Sweet Pea Saddle Bag is perfect for children or adults who want a smaller sized bag for essentials. It is designed for the beginner sewist as it is an easy sew. The bag has one zippered pocket on the inside and a flap closure with instructions for an optional decorative tassel on the flap. The finished bag measures 8 inches wide by 6.25 inches high by 2.5 inches deep.
What you will need to make The Sweet Pea Saddle Bag:-
- 1/2 yard of quilting weight cotton or home decor/canvas for the exterior fabric,
- Scraps of vinyl for tassel and side connectors (optional),
- 1/2 yard quilting weight cotton for the lining fabric,
- 1/2 yard fusible fleece interfacing,
- 2 yards of fusible woven interfacing (Shape Flex SF101),
- One 1″ rectangle slide – see our resources page for recommended hardware suppliers,
- Two 1″ swivel clips,
- Two 1″ D-rings or triangle rings,
- One 1/2″ D-ring (for tassel),
- One 18mm magnetic snap,
- One 7″ zipper (will be cut down to 6.5″),
- 30″ of piping (optional),
Click here for the FREE pdf pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.