The Daytona Bag really is the perfect everyday handbag! With its classic but modern look, you will find endless uses for it, no matter if you’re making it for yourself, your friend, daughter or mother.
The Daytona Bag has the following features:
- It’s fully lined with a zippered divider pocket, dividing its interior into three separate compartments. The divider pocket is perfect for your passport and boarding pass when travelling, or for other things you want to keep safe and wrinkle-free.
- It also has a smaller zippered pocket in the lining, and open pockets for cellphone, compact, pen etc.
- The exterior is made with just a single fat quarter of quilting cotton, so it’s a great way to use that favourite fat quarter you’ve been saving for a chance to really display it.
- The finished approximate size is 13″ by 9″.
- The curved edges make this bag a little technically difficult so some bag making experience is recommended.
What you will need to make the Daytona Bag
- One fat quarter (18 by 22 inches) of quilted cotton decor fabric
- ¾ Yard of home decor weight fabric
- 1 Yard of lining fabric
- 20″ by 22″ or 12″ by 38″ of Pellon Peltex
- 24″ by 24″ Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex
- One 15″ Jacket zipper 4.5 wide or similar
- One 13″ Regular zipper for the divider pocket
- One 8″ Regular zipper for the lining pocket
- Four rectangular rings or D-Ring with 1″ interior measurement
- One Decorative O-ring, D-ring (or other embellishment)
- Heavy duty thread matching your home dec fabric in color
- Fabric glue – we love Fabritac
- Clover Wonder Clips or similar
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat & quilting ruler
- Basic sewing supplies and a sewing machine.
Click here for the Daytona Bag pdf pattern