All posts may contain affiliate links.
This pattern is fat quarter friendly and has instructions for 3 different sizes of zippered supply cases. The large size case is the perfect fit for a notebook, the medium size is great for sewing supplies, crochet hooks, or colored pencils, and the small size case is fantastic for hand sewing supplies.
Anything you can imagine to carry around, this case is perfect for that! All cases feature mesh and topstitched pockets on the inside for ample storage space, as well as elastic for holding pens and pencils. Great for kids, crafters, teacher gifts, and more!
We’ve seen some awesome examples of this used for carrying essentials like diabetic supplies too. Nurses and medical staff love them, beauticians and nail techs love them, gamers love them, teens love them, techies love them, kids love them – WE love them!
You simply can’t go wrong with this sewing pattern in your stash. We think you’ll be reaching for it time and time again.
- Small = 5-1/2” long by 8” tall.
- Medium = 7-1/2” long by 9-3/4” tall.
- Large = 9-1/2” long by 12-1/2” tall.
Supplies (will make 1 supply case):-
- One fat quarter of exterior fabric – additional fabric may be required if fussy-cutting large prints,
- One fat quarter of lining fabric,
- One additional fat quarter for lining pockets,
- 1-yard of 20” wide Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing,
- 11” by 27” piece of foam interfacing,
- 2/3 yard Pellon #70 Peltex sew-in interfacing,
- Handbag zipper,
- 1/4” wide elastic,
- One piece of mesh,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This pattern, designed by Sew Sweetness, is available as a PDF download or as a paper version sent to you in the mail. If you would like to add this pattern to your collection then click on the button below.
Click here for the pattern
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.