Many venues have recently decided that you can no longer bring with you closed tote bags and other bags.
However, a great way to get around that new rule, and be able to go to various summer events and festivals, is to take with you a totally see-through bag. So here we have a FREE pattern and tutorial to make yourself this fashionable and functional Clear Vinyl Tote Bag.
The Clear Vinyl Tote Bag has the following features:
- It’s large, measuring approximately 12″ high by 12″ wide by 5″ deep
- It gives you easy access as the top is open so there’s no fumbling with a clasp when your hands may already be full with other things
- It’s fully finished inside and out
- It has a removable pocket and base insert, that allows the tote to be either semi or completely transparent
- The seams are all combined with one or more layers of quilting cotton, so stickiness is kept to a minimum.
- There’s a fully adjustable strap that can be worn over the shoulder or crossbody or detached completely. You can then use the fabric handles to carry the bag.
- With the pocket and base removed, this creates a great water resistant bag to take to the beach or pool.
If you’ve never sewn on vinyl, it’s easier than you might imagine. It is actually no harder than working with a stiff cloth substrate – especially for this project since you aren’t sewing just on the vinyl itself.
Click here for the FREE pattern & tutorial