All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Basketweave Bag is full of details to highlight your favorite fabrics. When you just fancy doing something a little bit different for a change, this is a fun project to make a woven fabric panel to incorporate into this great purse.
However, the weaving is of course optional. You can still use this pattern to sew a great purse without the weaving. Maybe you just want to feature a really special fabric you’ve been saving, or centre a beautiful fabric design in that panel. That works too.
The pattern includes an optional detachable crossbody strap, a top zipper closure, and interior pockets. Each step is thoroughly explained and the designer has included computer drawn illustrations of the steps.
Even better – with this pattern is included additional personal support from the pattern designer if you need any help or have any questions. You can’t beat that for great customer service from Jen Fox Studios.
Basketweave Bag finished dimensions:–
- 10″ handle drop,
- 11″ tall, excluding handle,
- 3″ deep,
- 15″ across.
What’s needed to make a Basketweave Bag:-
- 1 1/3 yards of the main exterior fabric,
- 1-yard of lining fabric,
- 1/2 a yard of contrast trim fabric,
- 1/4 yard of feature strip fabric A,
- 1/4 yard of feature strip fabric B,
- 3 yards of Pellon Woven interfacing (22″ wide) or other medium weight interfacing,
- One 16″ coordinating zipper,
- One spool of coordinating thread,
- Four o-rings 1 1/2″ diameter,
- Two lobster claw closures for optional crossbody strap,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Get the Basketweave Bag Pattern here
See more patterns from Jen Fox Studios here
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.