Ascot Tote Bag sewing pattern (2 sizes)
This is a Tote Bag pdf sewing pattern with instructions for making two sizes. Included is a very detailed photo tutorial designed to guide you through every step of the process and make a beautiful, professional zipper tote bag.
The Ascot Tote is a practical and easy-to-make zipper tote suitable for everyday use. The large is perfect for those who like to carry everything and will fit a 13″ laptop. The small size will accommodate all those essential items including a tablet or notebook and is perfect for lunch dates or shopping trips when you don’t want to be weighed down. Both bags can be worn over the shoulder or carried in your hand. Once you’ve cut out all the pieces, this bag can easily be made in an afternoon by a practiced sewer – perfect for those who love simplicity, enjoy bag making, and like to save time!
The Ascot Tote pattern is extremely versatile – choose if you want an external zipper pocket on the back, or inside, and if you want to use leather or fabric handles. The press fastener tab over the zipper closure provides additional security, but you can leave it out if you prefer. The corner protectors give the bag a unique look and provide protection for the base. In short, the possibilities are endless for adapting this design to create your own custom version- bring out the bag designer in you and get creative with this lovely, simple design.
Fully lined with no exposed seams inside!
Large = 17.25″ across the top by 11.5″ high by 5.5″ deep.
Small = 15.25″ across the top by 9.5″ high by 4.5″ deep.
A nice project for an advanced beginner who has already tried a couple of bag projects and is not afraid of attempting a zipper and sewing multiple layers of fabric!
– Templates are provided for two sizes.
– A beautiful quality bag, fully lined with no exposed seams.
– Sturdy and practical with corner base protectors.
– Zipper closure and press-fastener tab for additional security.
– One exterior zipper pocket to the back, and one internal zipper pocket.
– Option to add leather handles for a designer look, or fabric handle to coordinate.
– Can be carried in the hand or worn on the shoulder.
– A truly timeless and chic “go-anywhere” style.
– Gorgeous in patterned or plain fabrics. Fabulous in canvas, vinyl, or waxed cotton – the choice is yours!
You will receive 13 pages of clear, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and color photos to make this bag AND a set of full-scale computer-drawn templates.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.