All posts may contain affiliate links.
The designer of this free pattern has come up with a fantastic name for her bag, the Bag Lady Messenger Bag. The designer says “these bags make me so happy, I had to share the pattern. These are great, for business or pleasure.”
The Bag Lady Messenger Bag comes in two sizes, regular which is perfect for binders, clipboards or laptops and the “mini-messenger” which is more purse-sized. You should allow yourself about 3-4 hours to make each of these wonderful bags.
When you have finished making the Bag Lady Messenger Bag it will measure approximately:
- Regular – 15″ wide by 10″ high and 3″ deep.
- Mini-messenger – 9″ wide by 10″ high and 3″ deep.
What you will need to make the Bag Lady Messenger Bag
- 2/3 yard of outer fabric- such as wool, wool blends, suiting, canvas
- 2/3 yard of lining fabric- cotton quilting weight
- 2/3 yard of interfacing– fleece sew-in for a well padded heavier bag
- Thread color of choice
- 2 buttons of choice
- Hardware for adjustable shoulder strap- 1 slider and 2 rings (size 39mm/1.5″)
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
Those are the items that you will need to make the regular-sized bag. If you want to make the Mini-Messenger you should replace the 2/3 yards of fabrics and interfacing with 1/2 yard of each.
Click here for the pattern
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.