Bag Lady Messenger Bag – FREE sewing pattern
The designer of this free pattern has come up with a fantastic name for her bag, the Bag Lady Messenger Bag. The designer says “these bags make me so happy, I had to share the pattern. These are great, for business or pleasure.”
The Bag Lady Messenger Bag comes in two sizes, regular which is perfect for binders, clipboards, or laptops, and the “mini-messenger” which is more purse-sized. You should allow yourself about 3-4 hours to make each of these wonderful bags.
When you have finished making the Bag Lady Messenger Bag it will measure approximately:-
- Regular – 15″ wide by 10″ high and 3″ deep.
- Mini-messenger – 9″ wide by 10″ high and 3″ deep.
What you will need to make the Bag Lady Messenger Bag:-
- 2/3 yard of outer fabric- such as wool, wool blends, suiting, canvas,
- 2/3 yard of lining fabric- cotton quilting weight,
- 2/3 yard of interfacing- fleece sew-in for a well-padded heavier bag,
- Thread color of choice,
- 2 buttons of choice,
- Hardware for adjustable shoulder strap- 1 slider and 2 rings (size 39mm/1.5″),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Those are the items that you will need to make the regular-sized bag. If you want to make the Mini-Messenger you should replace the 2/3 yards of fabrics and interfacing with 1/2 yard of each.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.