The latest class in the Creative Bug Bag of the Month series is released for April and it’s a great project to get your teeth into with lots of new bag sewing skills explained to you in detail. Learn more about the Bag of the Month series on Creative Bug in our earlier article.
Expert bag maker and pattern designer, Nicole Mallalieu, shares an array of unique tips and tricks to construct your new favorite weekend-away bag. Featuring copious straps, clasps, and pockets, this roomy bag can be customized using a combination of your favorite fabrics. Although it is highly detailed and includes many steps, Nicole’s expert knowledge and extensive teaching experience will give sewists the confidence to make this skill-building bag step by step.
Learn how to:
- Block fuse and cut fabric accurately and efficiently
- Make and attach a four-fold bag strap
- Make and insert an outside zipper pocket to a bag
- Attach O-rings and snap hooks to a four-fold strap
- Make and insert bag lining with custom-sized slot pockets
- Make a steady bag base and insert purse feet
- Insert a zipper closure to the top of a bag
- Make and attach an adjustable four-fold shoulder strap using a slider
BAG OF THE MONTH CLASSES
There’s a new bag pattern and class released each month in 2016. So far we’ve seen:
Jan – Linen Bucket Bag
Feb – Snap Clasp Purse
Mar – Screen print fabric fold over clutch bag
Apr – Weekender Bag
As new classes are released we think that they’ll all be added to this summary page featuring all of the bag of the month projects so far. Go and check them out and sign up for a free 14-day trial. Check out these bag sewing patterns and classes, as well as all the other bag sewing classes they already have in their library.
Get a 14-day free trial of ALL the Creative Bug classes