All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Vortac Multipurpose Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer RLR Creations Sewing.
The Vortac Bag is the perfect bag to be used for just about any purpose. A car bag, a kids bag for the car or trips, a mom bag when a big diaper bag is no longer needed, to an oversized lunch bag, a small commuter bag, or a Pilot Pubs bag – which was what the designer originally made the bag for her son for. As the name suggests this multipurpose bag can be used to hold just about anything when you need a bag to carry your stuff!
The Exterior features a front zipper pocket for quick access to your necessities and a back slip pocket that is large enough to hold a tablet. A side slip pocket for your mobile phone or a small notebook and some pens, along with an elastic pocket on the other side panel that can perfectly hold a water bottle or anything bulky you may want to carry with you.
The Vortac Bag offers a super-wide top opening that can be folded down to give you easy access to whatever items you carry inside. There are quick grab handles and a removable adjustable strap giving you two ways to carry the Vortac. The interior features another zipper pocket, along with a large slip pocket.
When you have finished making your very own Vortac Multipurpose Bag it will measure approximately 9″ wide by 11″ high by 5″ deep.
What’s needed to make a Vortac Multipurpose Bag:-
- 1-yard of 44″ wide quilting cotton or ⅔ yard or 54″ of canvas/décor weight cotton for the main fabric,
- 1-yard of 44″ wide quilting cotton lining fabric for the lining fabric,
- 1-yard of 45″ fusible Pellon 809 decor interfacing for the heavy interfacing,
- 1-yard of 20″ fusible Pellon SF 101 for the light interfacing,
- ⅓ yard of fusible fleece – TP971F – Pellon fleece Thermolam Plus,
- o or ⅔ yard of 20″ Pellon FF 77 Fusible Flex Foam for the stabilizer,
- A 10″ piece ½” elastic (for the elastic side pocket option).
- One 16″ #5 coordinating zipper for the main closure,
- Two 9″ #3 or #5 coordinating zippers for the front exterior zipper pocket, interior zipper pocket,
- Note if you are using zipper by the yard, you will need 1-yard of #5 zipper tape and three pulls,
- Two 1″ D-ring or O-rings,
- Two 1″ hooks,
- One 1″ adjustable slider,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.