All posts may contain affiliate links.
Sew your own cute zipper pouches in three sizes with this PDF sewing pattern and tutorial. A gal can never have too many zipper bags to keep all her bits and pieces organised. These fun triangle shaped ones are ideal for small items, pens and pencils, brushes, crochet hooks, cosmetics and more.
• Three sizes.
• Create contrast with two different fabrics. A solid always looks great as the base with a bright print above.
• Fully lined with no raw edges.
• Zipper closure.
Sizing info (Height by Width by Length):
• Small = 2.7″ (7 cm) by 2.3″ (6 cm) by 5.9″ (15 cm).
• Medium = 3.5″ (9 cm) by 3.1″ (8 cm) by 7.4″ (19 cm).
• Large = 3.9″ (10 cm) by 3.9″ (10 cm) by 9″ (23 cm).
Beginner – Confident beginner. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but the designer will help you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
Materials needed (see the pattern for full details):
- Exterior fabric. Recommended – Cotton, Cotton-Canvas, Waxed Canvas, Oil Cloth, Quilting Cotton, Upholstery/Curtain Fabric,
- Accent fabric. Recommended – Cotton, Cotton-Canvas, Waxed Canvas, Oil Cloth, Quilting Cotton, Upholstery/Curtain Fabric,
- Lining fabric. Recommended – Quilting Cotton, 2oz-4oz PU Coated Nylon Waterproof Fabric,
- Fusible interfacing. Recommended – Non-Woven = Vliseline H250 or Pellon 809. Woven = Pellon SF101, Vliseline G700.
- One #5 zipper. For a beginner sewer, the designer recommends nylon zips as they are easier to work with. She uses using silver/gold tone nylon zips which are easier and cheaper but give the illusion of metal zips,
- Leather zip pull (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
• Easy to follow step-by-step instructions with lots of color photos to guide you along the way.
• Full-size, computer-drawn patterns with seam allowances included.
• Includes both US letter size and A4 paper size.
• Dimensions in both Imperial and Metric.
• A detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
• Instructions are written in English.
If you would like to add this pattern to your collection (and sew them all!) you can click on the blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns for this designer here