All posts may contain affiliate links.
Everybody needs a Tote Bag in their lives and this is a unique example. The Beach Bound Straw Tote pattern is inspired by warmer weather and the beach.
Using straw fabric for the outside of the bag is a novel idea, and by adding outdoor upholstery for the lining this gives the bag some added body and weight. The beaded starfish added to the front is a great way of giving the bag a beach theme.
What you will need to make the Beach Bound Straw Tote Bag:-
- 3/4 yard of fabric-backed straw/raffia fabric,
- 3/4 yard of fabric for lining,
- 3/4 yard of fusible fleece,
- A scrap of fabric for the starfish,
- Paper-backed fusible web,
- 1/2 yard of 3/4ʺ wide ribbon,
- All-purpose polyester thread,
- Size 90/14 Universal (all-purpose) or Jeans sewing machine needle depending on the fabrics you choose,
- Seed beads,
- Cotton embroidery floss,
- Hand-sewing needle,
- Purse handles,
- Walking foot,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.