All posts may contain affiliate links.
If you want to make the Olive Vanity Bag by Swoon then you can watch the full tutorial here. And if you want to modify the bag so that it opens out flat there is a tutorial for that here too.
This spacious vanity bag is the perfect travel companion. It features an exterior slip pocket and a convenient carrying handle.
There are two sizes included in the pattern with approximate measurements as follows:
- Small Bag: 8″ wide by 6.5″ tall by 4″ deep.
- Large Bag: 10.5″ wide by 8.5″ tall by 5″ deep.
What you need to make the Olive Vanity Bag:-
- 1/2 yard 44″ wide woven quilting weight cotton fabric for the exterior,
- 1/2 yard 44″ wide quilting weight cotton for the lining (2/3 yard for Large Bag),
- 1-yard stiff interfacing (Pellon Decor Bond) (1 1/4 yard for Large Bag),
- 2/3 yard foam interfacing (Pellon Flex Foam FF77),
- A scrap of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- One package premade piping (2 1/2 yards),
- Two 3/4″ rectangle rings (1″ for Large Bag) – see our resources page for the best hardware suppliers,
- 14″ (or longer) handbag zipper (17″ for Large Bag),
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac) (optional),
- Coordinating thread,
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies.
You can watch the full video tutorial for the Olive Vanity Bag by following this LINK.
And if you want to alter the bag so that it opens out flat then there is a handy tutorial for that modification HERE.
If you would like to download the pattern then click on the button below.
Click here for the Olive Vanity Bag Pattern
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!