All posts may contain affiliate links.
As the name suggests, what a versatile bag this is. The designer has produced a sewing pattern (that you can download below) for her Versatile Convertible Foldover Bag, that she has named – Gabbie’s Grove.
The designer says that the Gabbie’s Grove is perhaps the most versatile bag you will ever make and we agree with her. This super cool convertible bag can be worn as follows:
- A foldover crossbody or shoulder bag.
- Carry it as a clutch.
- Carry it as a tote.
- Convert it to a backpack just by un-clipping one side of the adjustable strap and threading it through the top body handle to wear as a foldover backpack.
- Convert it to a backpack just by un-clipping one side of the adjustable strap and threading it through the handle straps to wear it as a full tote sized backpack.
When finished The Gabbie’s Grove measures approximately 14” wide at the widest point by 15” high when unfolded by 4” deep at the base.
What you will need to make The Gabbie’s Grove Versatile Convertible Foldover Bag:-
- 44” wide by 22” non-directional exterior fabric,
- 44” wide by 28” accent fabric,
- 44” wide by 28” lining fabric,
- 45” wide by 2 ¼ yards fusible woven interfacing (WovenFuse). Substitutes are Pellon Shape-Flex SF101 20” wide by 5 yards. Vilene G700, Therm-o-web HeatnBond or DHJ501,
- 42” by 17” Soft & Stable or Matilda’s Own Foam or Pellon Flex Foam or Headliner,
- 10 ½” wide by 4” high Decovil 1 or Peltex 71F or Fast2Fuse,
- 6” wide by 6 7/8” high Fusible Fleece – Thermolam Plus TP971F or Vilene 640,
- One 10” Dress Zipper for Zipper Pocket (Or longer cut to size),
- Two 3/4” regular magnetic snaps,
- Two 1” O Rings,
- One 1” slider,
- Two 1” swivel hooks,
- Sixteen double capped rivets – 9mm (Cap) by 8mm (Stem),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.