All posts may contain affiliate links.
The designer of The Uptown Tote Bag has made it the perfect shopping, travel, or work tote bag. If you would like to grab the pattern you can click on the link below. The designer describes her pattern as “such an easy purse pattern to sew”. We think it’s the perfect tote bag purse pattern for beginners to try out their skills.
The Uptown Tote Bag has the following features:-
- The extra roomy interior will fit your iPad, wallet, phone, and much, more.
- It closes with a magnetic snap.
- It’s fully lined.
- It has a 7″ inside zippered pocket.
- It has 4 deep slip pockets with the option to add four more.
- The 1″ wide shoulder straps make it comfortable to carry.
- It’s fully interfaced and very sturdy.
When finished the Uptown Tote Bag measures approximately 11″ high by 4″ deep by 16″ wide at the top and 12″ wide at the bottom.
What you will need to make the Uptown Tote Bag:-
When you purchase this pattern it will include:
- A full-size tote pattern to print out (prints on regular size paper)
- 12 pages of step by step instructions
- Lots of full-color images of the actual tote in progress
- Step by step instruction of optional double cap rivet installation.
Click here for the pattern
See all the patterns from this designer here
Find even more Tote Bag Sewing Patterns here
Do you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.