All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a nice and easy fat quarter friendly sewing pattern for a simple crossbody or shoulder bag with adjustable strap where the designer has included beginner-friendly options.
The ‘Just in time for tea’ bag is the perfect starter bag to set you on your bag journey or to add to your pattern collection. It is made using minimal materials and with options you can choose, you can make the bag to suit your confidence level.
This beginner-friendly pattern has the following features:
- a magnetic snap top closure and a nice large opening
- OR optional recessed zipper closure,
- optional outside zipper pocket,
- adjustable strap (fabric or vinyl),
- a separate base piece in a different fabric which can be vinyl, cork, or canvas, cotton of your choice (solid or non-direction print recommended for the base),
- simple slip pocket inside (or add pockets of your own design and choice).
When you have finished making yourself a Just In Time For Tea Cross Body Bag it will measure approximately 9″ (23 cm) by 10″ (25.5 cm) by 3″ (8 cm). Measurements are taken at the widest part.
This is an easy to follow pattern which includes detailed instructions and lots of pictures. The measurements are in both inches and cm. The pattern is a combination of printed pattern pieces and a cutting chart with sizes. If you would like to add this pattern to your collection you can click on the button below.
Click here to get the pattern
See all the patterns for this designer here
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.