All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great crossbody bag that can be used by everyone as it is a unisex bag. The Unisex Crossbody Bag has a gusseted pocket at the front, closed with a flap and fully lined, with an inner zipper pocket and slip pocket. The pattern is easy to use and will make you a bag that is approximately 8″ (20.3cm) wide, 10.5″ (26.7cm) tall and 2 ¾” (7cm) deep with a 61” (155cm) adjustable strap.
The instructions for this pattern are aimed at confident beginners with some experience.
What you need to make the Unisex Crossbody Bag:-
- 1 yard (1m) 44” wide exterior fabric or faux leather
- 1 yard (1m) 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 30”(76cm) 36” wide ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable Foam or equivalent
- 1 yard (1m) 20” wide woven fusible interfacing: Pellon SF101
- 2”x 2” (5x5cm) heavyweight interfacing for magnetic snap reinforcement
- 8” (20.32cm) zipper for the inner zipper pocket
- Two 1” D-Rings (inner width 25mm)
- Two 1” Swivel Snap Hooks (internal base width 25mm)
- One 1” Tri-Slide Ring (inner width 25mm): for the adjustable strap
- One magnetic snap (14mm diameter)
- Two sets of 9 mm Double capped rivets for the strap (optional)
- One 1” Belt buckle or D-Ring (inner width 25mm)
- One 1” width 114” (290cm) long bias tape from your chosen fabric for piping
- 3/32” (2.5mm) size 114” (290cm) long cotton cording for piping
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Click here for the pattern
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.