Toss it in Tote Bag FREE sewing pattern
This is the Toss it in Tote Bag FREE pdf sewing pattern from the designer I Always Pick The Thimble.
These fantastic Tote Bags have some great features. They have cotton belting handles, a side pleat, and a zipper-closed top. And so what is it that makes these Tote Bags look unique? It’s the cotton belting straps and the zipper detail. The designer has also used batting for stability. And if you wish you can use sew-in insulated fabric to make a lunch bag.
By adding a side pleat to these lovely bags you’ll end up with a bag that stands up on its own.
The designer says that if you want to make a cute make-up bag then just leave off the handles.
This pattern comes in three sizes – small, medium, and large. And when you have made each of the Tote Bags they will measure approximately:
– Small = 5″ high by 7½” wide.
– Medium = 7″ high by 10½” wide.
– Large = 12½” high by 9½” wide.
What’s needed to make a Toss it in Tote Bag:
- Based on 44″ – 45″ wide non-directional cotton fabric,
- Exterior fabric,
- Lining fabric,
- 20″ wide iron-on light to medium weight interfacing,
- Batting. The designer says that any weight can be used. To create a lunch tote she used “Insul-Bright” instead of batting,
- Cotton belting. Any size belting can be used, however, 1″ wide is recommended for the small bag. Handles are optional,
- A zipper,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.