The Lapin Noir converts from a handled tote to a large carry-all, with a cell phone pocket and enough pockets inside and out to keep your most important items within easy reach. The handles are corded and covered in fabric, with pretty knots at each end, and the long strap is attached to the bag with fun swivel clips. If you’re looking for a bag to showcase your favorite fabric print, this is it!
The bottom of the bag has a gusset, and there are zippered pockets in the back of the exterior, and also one on the lining side of the bag. There is a small pocket on the exterior of the bag as well, which is perfect for most cell phones.
The bag is 13″ long by 15″ tall when it is opened up.
Supplies needed to make the Lapin Noir Bag
- 1/2 yard of Exterior Fabric – pick your favorite quilting cotton
- 3/4 yard fabric for bottom accents and pockets
- 1 yard of fabric for lining, straps, and handles
- 2-1/2 yards of 20” wide Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing or similar
- 2/3 yard of 58” wide Soft and Stable, or alternatives such as headliner fabric or Flex Foam
- 2 yards of 1/2” cotton cording
- Two 1” metal swivel clips
- Two 1” metal d-rings
- One 1/2” magnetic snap
- Two 12” zippers
The Lapin Noir Bag is courtesy of the Sew Sweetness website.
Get the Lapin Noir Bag pattern here