All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great digital pattern, that you can download below, for a large size bag that allows you to choose your favorite piece of fabric for the main centre panel of the bag. You can use coordinating fabric for the side panels and either fabric or vinyl for the bag’s bottom and top band.
The Zinnia Zippered Panel bag has the following features:
- An adjustable crossbody strap
- A zippered pocket for the main closure
- Three slip pockets inside the bag
When finished the Zinnia Zippered Panel Bag measures approximately 17″ wide by 9″ high at the zippered opening by 5″ deep.
Because of the zippered closure, this project is suitable for someone with intermediate sewing skills. However, it could be tackled by a confident beginner if they replace the zipper with a magnetic snap.
What you will need to make The Zinnia Zippered Panel Bag:-
- One fat quarter accent panel fabric,
- One fat quarter side panel fabric,
- 1/2 yard of vinyl for vinyl accents (or you can use fabric if you prefer),
- 1 1/4 yard of quilting cotton lining fabric,
- 3/4 yard of woven fusible interfacing such as SF101,
- 1-yard of fusible fleece interfacing,
- One 8” zipper,
- One 16” handbag zipper (if using a metal zipper, use 14” zipper to avoid cutting),
- Two 1.5” rectangle rings or O-rings,
- One 1.5” rectangle slide,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest
account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.