The Willowherb Wristlet FREE sewing pattern
Are you looking for a simple and stylish wristlet to carry your essentials for a night out or quick trip to the store? Look no further than the Willowherb Wristlet, a free sewing pattern from Magic Flying Boots.
The Willowherb Wristlet pattern is a quick and easy wristlet which incorporates the iris-fold technique, to complement the designer’s Meadowsweet Shoulder Bag pattern. The Willowherb Wristlet is the perfect size for your phone, wallet, and keys, and it features a secure zipper closure and a wrist strap for easy carrying. The pattern is suitable for sewists of all skill levels and can be completed in just a few hours.
The feature spiral can be created using jelly roll strips, ribbon or any fabric cut into strips. The instructions also include an alternative method, to showcase patterned fabric or a panel.
Suitable for beginners.
The completed size of the wristlet is approximately 5″ (12.7 cm) tall by 7¾” (19.7 cm) wide.
This versatile pattern can be used to create wristlets for yourself or to give as gifts to friends and family. The simple design is perfect for showcasing bold prints or adding personal touches like embroidery or applique.
- Either three co-ordinating strips 20″ (51 cm) by 2″* (5.1 cm*) of quilting cotton (or ribbon at least 1″ (2.5 cm) wide). *Wider strips, such as pre-cut jelly roll strips can also be used,
- Or small fabric panel / patterned fabric 8½” (22 cm) by 5½” (14 cm),
- 17″ (35.5 cm) by 3″ (7.6 cm) quilting cotton for strap, d-ring connector and zipper tabs,
- Two pieces 8½” (22 cm) by 5½” (14 cm) of exterior fabric (cork, vinyl, faux leather),
- Two pieces 8½” (22 cm) by 5½” (14 cm) of lining fabric,
- ¼ yard (¼ m) Vilene F220 fusible interfacing or similar (eg. Pellon ES114 Easy Shaper iron-on),
- Two pieces 8″ (20.5 cm) by 5″ (12.5 cm) Vilene H630 or H640 fusible fleece or similar (eg. Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece),
- One 8″ (20.3 cm) #5 zipper,
- One ½” (13 mm) D-ring,
- One ¾” (19 mm) Swivel Lobster Clasp,
- One Rivet (small), or alternatively, you could finish the strap by stitching a box with a cross inside,
- Double-sided sewing tape or fabric glue (eg. Stix2 Fabric Glue Pen),
- Sewing clips.
Pattern pieces are provided in A4 and US Letter size, ready to print and cut out. All measurements are also included in the instructions, for those who prefer to measure and cut. Comes with clear step-by-step instructions and plenty of photos.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
- Whale Shark Bag sewing pattern (2 styles) No Comments | May 25, 2022
- Bag of Bones Halloween Tote Bag free pattern No Comments | Sep 30, 2019
- Beach duffle backpack – FREE pattern & tutorial No Comments | Aug 26, 2018
- Airstream inspired zippered toiletry bag – FREE sewing pattern No Comments | Nov 4, 2018