The Meadowsweet Shoulder Bag sewing pattern is a spacious shoulder bag with distinctive iris-fold spiral panel on the front, hidden exterior zipper pocket on the back, two interior pockets and raised zipper top.
This pattern features an unusual iris-fold spiral panel on the front, and the pattern also contains an alternative method of creating the spiral using paper piecing.
This bag has been designed to use up some of the designer’s jelly rolls, as she has quite a few! They work really well for the spiral design, as well as for the underneath of the straps, the sides of the raised zipper top and the hidden panel on the back. However, you can use any fabric, cut into 2½” (6.4 cm) strips.
Suitable for confident beginners / intermediate bag makers.
The completed size of the bag is approximately 10½” (26.7 cm) tall by 14¼” (36.2 cm) wide. It has a depth of 4″ (10.2 cm) at the base.
- One Jelly Roll with 2 ½” (6.4 cm) wide strips, or four FQs of co-ordinating fabrics,
- ½ yard (½ m) of exterior fabric,
- 22″ (56 cm) by 10″ (26 cm) accent fabric,
- ¾ yard (¾ m) of lining fabric,
- 1 yard (1 m) of Vilene F220 fusible interfacing or similar (eg. Pellon ES114 Easy Shaper iron-on),
- ½ yard (½ m) of Vilene H630 or H640 fusible fleece or similar (eg. Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece),
- At least 12½” (32 cm) #5 zipper for top of the bag,
- At least 10¼” (26 cm) #5 zipper for the back pocket,
- At least 8″ (20.3 cm) #5 zipper for the inside pocket,
- Four 1½” (3.8 cm) D-rings,
- Four 1½” (3.8 cm) Swivel Lobster Clasps,
- Eight Rivets (medium) or chicago screws,
- Double-sided sewing tape or fabric glue (eg. Stix2 Fabric Glue Pen),
- Sewing clips,
Pattern pieces are provided in A4 and US Letter size, ready to print and cut out. There are additional versions of the pattern pieces in A4 and US Letter size with 1″ (2.5 cm) margins. The pattern comes with clear step by step instructions and plenty of photos.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.