The Monroe bucket bag
January 14, 2018 | All bag patterns, Clutch bags, Other | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
Curves are what make The Monroe bag so special. Two sizes are included in the digitally downloadable pdf pattern, a handbag size and a clutch size. The round base of The Monroe gives both bags plenty of room while still being small to medium bags. The pleats give additional width without making the opening too wide. The handbag size comes with two slip pockets, one interior zipped pocket and a recessed zip enclosure. The clutch size comes with four slip pockets.
The bag sizes are as follows:
Handbag size = height 10-inch, width 8.25-inch.
Clutch size = height 8-inch, width 6.25-inch.
RECOMMENDED WITH THIS PATTERN
- Lining fabric – approx. 1/2 to 1-yard quilting cotton
- Exterior fabric – approx. 1/2 to 1-yard quilting cotton
- Fusible fleece – approx. 1/2 yard e.g. Vilene 630 or 640, Pellon 987f
- Light to medium weight woven fusible interfacing
- Extra firm non-woven interfacing
- Contrast fabric – approx. 1/2 yard quilting weight
- Stabilizer – small piece e.g. Peltex 71f
- 7-inch zipper or 12-inch zipper
- 1 magnetic snap (clutch), 2 x 1-inch rectangle rings
- sewing machine