All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is a fantastic crossbody bag that is a practical yet stylish design for everyday use, that will be perfect for you. It’s large enough to hold all your essentials, including that iPad, tablet, or E-reader, and has everything neatly organized and within easy reach.
The Teya iPad is just what you need for a short trip to town, meeting a friend at your favorite cafe, or quick errands in the neighborhood – especially if you never leave your house without your iPad.
You can make the bag in lots of different fabrics including canvas, quilting-weight cotton, home decor fabric, or faux leather. You’ll be able to mix and match the materials as you feel like and end up with a fabulous bag with all these features:-
- a slim-line crossbody bag that is super convenient,
- the regular 9.7″ size iPad will generously fit in the main compartment and a few extras,
- the wide-open zipper top closure will keep everything in place,
- two exterior zippered pockets that are just perfect for your phone and keys,
- four interior slip pockets to help you keep organized,
- a comfortable adjustable strap, so you can wear it crossbody or over the shoulder.
When you purchase the pattern for the Teya iPad Crossbody bag your download will include a full-size printable sewing pattern with detailed, beginner-friendly instructions with over 100 clear step-by-step photos, diagrams, and bonus tips to help you along the way.
The Teya iPad Crossbody bag project is absolutely perfect for the confident beginner sewer. With a lot of bonus tips from the designer, it will also be a fabulous opportunity to learn the following skills if you are needing to learn them:-
- how to make a recessed zipper panel on a bag,
- how to make a welt zipper pocket,
- how to make an adjustable bag strap and how to attach the bag hardware,
- how to add fusible interfacing; with material recommendations,
- don’t have a zipper foot for sewing zippers? No problem, the designer has included a tip for using your regular foot.
When you have finished making your Teya iPad Crossbody bag it will measure approximately 8.5″ (22 cm) wide by 11″ (28 cm) high by 2″ (5 cm) deep with a finished bag strap measurement of a minimum of 27″ (68 cm) and a maximum of 50″ (127 cm).
What you will need to make the Teya iPad Crossbody Bag:-
- Approximately ½ yard of fabric for the outer,
- Approximately ½ yard of fabric for the accent,
- One fat quarter for the lining,
- Approximately 1 ¼ yard (115 cm) from a 20″ (50 cm) wide bolt of fusible interfacing/fusible fleece,
- Three nylon coil zippers,
- One 11-inch (28 cm or longer) zipper for the top,
- Two 8-inch (20 cm or longer) zippers for the front and back,
- Optional bag hardware: two rectangular rings and one strap slider adjuster,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below. And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
Click here for the pattern
See all the patterns from this designer here
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Even more crossbody bag sewing patterns you won't be able to resist
Want even more crossbody bag sewing patterns? These are the top best selling crossbody bag patterns in our store. Take a look at the category on our shop page for even more - 60+ more!