Teddy Mommy and Me Diaper Backpack sewing pattern
This is the Teddy Mommy and Me Diaper Backpack pdf sewing pattern from the designer RLR Creations Sewing.
This backpack has been designed so there is plenty of room for Baby Stuff and Mommy’s stuff. It’s a multi-functional insulated Diaper Bag with lots of room for baby gear with plenty of pockets to allow room for Mom’s stuff too!
The Teddy Backpack has been designed so that it can be more than a diaper bag, You can make one for travel, everyday commutes, a school bag, a shopping bag, a hiking bag, or a casual backpack to carry your stuff hands-free while you’re on the go!
It features a wide-open framed top for easy packing and allows easy access to everything inside with a zipper top to keep everything secure. There are lots of pockets to keep your baby stuff organized along with room for your phone, keys, and other essentials.
This bag has some great features as follows:
- The Exterior Features:
- A fully insulated gusseted zipper pocket with three insulated bottle pockets for baby bottles or water bottles, and room to hold a few more items you want to keep cold or warm.
- A front zipper pocket to keep your phone or keys secure.
- Two open side pockets deep enough for a water bottle or to keep your phone handy for easy access.
- A large vertical back zipper pocket to keep a changing pad or tech stuff.
- Easy to grab top handles and adjustable padded backpack straps.
- The Interior Features:
- A large zippered pocket.
- Four open pockets that can be made to be elasticized pockets or slip pockets to hold diaper wipes, baby clothes, and more.
- Two side pockets for additional storage.
- A large interior for baby blankets, toys, and all your baby supplies.
When you have finished making your very own Teddy Mommy and Me Diaper Backpack it will measure approximately 16” tall by 10 ½” wide by 7” deep.
What’s needed to make a Teddy Mommy and Me Diaper Backpack:
- 1 yard of 54” wide midweight Duck Cloth or Décor Weight Fabric for the main fabric, OR if you prefer to use 44” wide quilting cotton weight fabric for the exterior you will need 1½ yards for the main fabric,
- 2 ⅓ yards of 44” wide Quilting Cotton lining fabric for the lining fabric, OR ½ yard of 60” PUL Fabric, Ripstop, or another waterproof type fabric – for the Insulated Bottle Pocket, and 2 yards of 44” wide quilting cotton weight fabric for the lining fabric,
- 1⅓ yards of 45” Fusible Pellon 809 Decor Interfacing – Heavy Interfacing,
- 3½ yards of 20” Fusible Pellon SF 101 – Light Interfacing,
- ⅔ yard of Fusible Fleece -TP971F-Pellon Fleece Thermolam -Stabilizer,
- ⅔ yard of Insul-Fleece – Pellon 975- Front Bottle Pocket,
- 2 yards of ½” elastic,
- 1 yard of 1” Strap Webbing,
- Four Rectangle or D-Rings,
- Two 1″ O-rings,
- Two 1” Sliders,
- One pair of 10” internal wire frames- sized 10″ wide by 3″ long with a 12″ bottom spread from end to end,
- 24” or longer #5 Coordinating Zipper for the Top Closure,
- 14” or longer #5 Coordinating Zipper for Front Bottle Pocket,
- 15” or longer #3 Coordinating zipper for the Back Vertical Pocket,
- 10” or longer #3 Coordinating zipper for the Front Zipper Pocket,
- 10” or longer #3 Coordinating zipper for the Interior Zipper Pocket,
- Coordinating thread,
- Microtex (Sharp) Needle 80/12 –Recommended for topstitching through the thicker parts,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download this awesome versatile backpack and diaper bag sewing pattern you can click on the blue button below.