Convertible Tote or Shoulder Bag
Any bag that has several different looks in a single pattern is a winner with us, so that’s why we love this convertible tote or shoulder bag from Studio Cherie. Her newest bag is as flexible as you are. Looks great folded over on your shoulder, or open it up to use as a full-size tote.
*Large (10″ x 6″) exterior zippered pocket includes a smaller (4″ x 4.5″) pocket inside it for cell phone.
*Small (4″ x 5.5″)exterior zippered pocket for keys.
*Main compartment also has zippered closure.
*2″ wide comfortable strap is detachable.
*Inside the main compartment there are 2 corner pockets ideal for water bottle or anything else you want to remain upright.
*There is a third flat pocket on the inside.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- Bottom 12″ wide x 6″ deep
- Full height of bag 13″ when used as a tote
- Zipper opening at top of bag 11″
- Height of bag as shown with the top folded over 8″
- Maximum shoulder drop (measured to the folded height of bag) is 23″
- Strap adjusts to a minimum drop of 12″ and is also removable.
- Feature Fabric 1 yard at least 45 inches wide Home decor weight fabric
- Felt 1/2 yard
- Cotton Duck 1/2 yard
- For view B you will need 6″ x 16″ of a non-directional coordinating fabric
- Peltex Ultra Firm Stabilizer 1″ wide by 15.5″ long
- 2″ wide poly pro webbing 1&1/3 yards
- 1″ wide poly pro webbing 19″
- Snap hooks for 2″ strap x 2 (See our recommended hardware suppliers here)
- Tri-bar slide for 2″ strap x 1
- 1″ rings x 2
- Zippers x 2 12″ zippers and 1 -4″ or 5″ zipper.
- 1/2″ Double fold bias seam binding – 22″
- Piping – 27″
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.