All posts may contain affiliate links.
This fun quilted tote is the perfect addition for any school day, work trip, weekend getaway, or even shopping. This large bag with all of its pockets holds a ton!
This gorgeous bag is named the Sweet Retreat’s Little Sister Tote Bag and the designer says it is so much easier to make than it looks! It has lots of inside and outside pockets and an optional zipper top.
We just love all of the bright and fun examples of this bag to be inspired by. There are lots of panels so you can make your own choices about how many fabric to use and whether to go for a classic purse look in a solid and contrast fabric, or go wild with bright colors and mix and match ALL your prints!
What you will need to make the Sweet Retreat’s Little Sister Tote Bag:-
- 5/8 of a yard of fabric A for the main body of the bag. Directional fabric is not recommended. Or 18 2½” strips or 135 2½” squares.
- 5/8 of a yard of fabric B for the bag sides, outside & side pockets, and the zipper tabs.
- 1 5/8 of a yard of fabric C for the bag lining, inside pockets, and side pocket lining.
- 3/8 of a yard of fabric D for the handles. Directional fabric is not recommended.
- 3/4 of a yard of binding.
- 1 5/8 of a yard of fusible fleece such as Pellon 987F.
- 1 yard of fusible interfacing such as Pellon SF101.
- 1 yard of ¾” elastic.
- One 20″ or longer zipper.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
When you have finished making a Sweet Retreat’s Little Sister Tote Bag of your own it will measure approximately 17″ wide by 12″ high by 6″ deep.
The designer recommends that you use a rotary cutter and mat when making her lovely tote bag.
If you like this Sweet Retreat’s Little Sister Tote Bag as much as we do then you should click on the button below.
Find even more Tote Bag Sewing Patterns here
Do you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.