Starling Messenger Bag sewing pattern
The Starling Messenger Bag is another fantastic creation from this most talented designer. She always makes such interesting and practical bags and this one is one of our favorites. It has lovely features that make the bag so practical to use, and is crammed with really useful pockets, details as follows:-
- One exterior phone pocket,
- One slip pocket,
- One back zipper pocket,
- One interior padded tablet sleeve with a Velcro tab,
- Two interior slip pockets,
- Two interior pen slip pockets,
- One interior zipper pocket.
That’s an incredible number of pockets allowing you to organize your bag and always have a place for something. Just what you need in a messenger bag, but this bag also makes the ideal purse for any busy person.
The designer says that an advanced beginner sewer will be able to make themselves one of her bags. When you finish making the Starling Messenger Bag it will measure approximately 13” wide by 10” high by 3” deep.
When you add the Starling Messenger Bag pattern to your stash, the downloadable pattern will include 31 pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. Printable pattern pieces with seam allowances are also included.
What you will need to make the Starling Messenger Bag:-
- 1 yard of quilting cotton for the exterior fabric,
- One fat quarter of quilting cotton for the contrasting fabric, for the clap and connectors,
- 1 1/8 yard of quilting cotton for the lining fabric,
- 1 yard of sew-in foam for the interfacing (Pellon flex-foam / Annie’s Soft and Stable),
- 3 1/2 yards of fusible woven interfacing – 20” wide (Pellon SF-101 Shapeflex / Wovenfuse),
- One 14” by 9.5” piece of fusible fleece,
- 1/8 yard of fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71f / Decovil heavy),
- One 9” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper for the interior zipper pocket,
- One 14” or longer #4.5 handbag zipper for the exterior back zipper pocket,
- Two 1” D-rings,
- Two 1” swivel hooks,
- One 1” slider,
- One 2” by 1” piece of velcro,
- Two 14mm magnetic snaps,
- Rivets (9mm),
- Six 12mm bag feet (optional),
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.,
If you would like to download the pattern then you can click below.