All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s your chance to make lunchtimes fun with the Star Student Lunch Box sewing pattern!
The Star Student Lunch Box has the following handy features:
- A zip closure,
- Full lining with added insul-brite to keep food cool,
- A sturdy carry handle,
- An interior pocket,
- and optional tabs to attach it to the Star Student Backpack.
When you have finished making one of these lovely lunch boxes it will measure approximately 10″ by 7″ by 4″ which is roomy enough to fit standard lunch containers and a water bottle.
We know this one is aimed at the kids, but it’s big enough for our lunch too. Make yourself one in your favorite prints, or one for your guy in a sporting fabric, or one or more for the kids in their favorite cartoon characters. You won’t be disappointed by your investment in this pattern from Peek-A-Boo patterns.
What you will need to make this great lunch box:
- 1/4 yard novelty fabric for the front panel,
- 1/4 yard bottom-weight fabric (58″ bolt width): duck canvas or home decor fabric,
- 1/4 yard lining fabric (58″ bolt width): PUL, laminated cotton or oil cloth,
- 1/2 yard of insul-brite,
- One 24″ zipper,
- 2/3 yard of 1″ webbing (1/3 yard for lunchbox without backpack attachment tabs),
- Basting spray (optional),
- 1/4 yard utility mesh for the inside pocket (optional),
- 1/3 yard fold over elastic for the inside pocket (optional),
- Two heavy-duty snaps or velcro for attaching to backpack (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.
This pattern isn't quite right for you? We've got lots more ideas for storage and organizers you can sew
to share on our Pinterest
board dedicated to exactly that. Click below to follow this board, then Pin and save your favorite sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.