All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s another awesome FREE sewing pattern and tutorial. This one is named the Simple Sturdy Tote Bag and we are sure you will agree that it’s a great looking tote bag.
It is designed for beginners and has the following features:-
- It’s a simple project
- It’s a project that can be completed in an afternoon
- It’s the perfect size for a Tote Bag, large enough to haul lots of stuff, but comfortable enough to carry around town
- It’s a perfect project for making multiples as gifts
What you will need to make the Simple Sturdy Tote Bag:-
- 3/8 yard of quilting cotton for the exterior bag fabric,
- 1/4 yard of quilting cotton for the exterior bag accent fabric,
- 1-yard of quilting cotton for the fabric for lining and handles,
- 1/4 yard of quilting cotton for the pocket fabric,
- 7/8 yard Pellon® 71F Peltex® Ultra-Firm,
- Rotary cutter,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern & tutorial
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns
for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.