Pelican Tote Bag FREE sewing pattern
This designer’s patterns are very popular with our readers and as a double bonus this pattern is both free and it comes in two versions.
The Pelican Tote Bag is a simple shopping tote bag with a magnetic closure, that fits your every day on the go needs. If you like structured bags then you can make the Pelican Tote Bag with foam or else you can make a fold-able version to carry it in your bag. Each of the bags has one exterior zipper pocket and one interior zipper pocket.
The designer says that in order to complete her project you can be a beginner sewer, someone who has basic sewing skills and someone who is familiar with sewing patterns.
When you have finished making your Pelican Tote Bag it will measure approximately 15” wide by 12” high by 3″ deep.
If you want to add the Pelican Tote Bag pattern to your pattern stash, then the downloadable pattern will include twenty pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. The pattern also includes printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
What you will need to make the Pelican Tote Bag
- One fat quarter of quilting cotton for the exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard of quilting cotton for the contrasting fabric
- 1/2 yard of quilting cotton for the lining fabric
- 1-yard sew-in foam interfacing (Pellon flex-foam / Annie’s Soft and Stable). If you’re going to make a foldable version, then you do not need any foam interfacing
- 2-yards of fusible woven interfacing which is 20” wide (Pellon SF-101 shape flex / Wovenfuse)
- One 9” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper for the exterior zipper pocket
- One 8” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper for the interior zipper pocket
- One 14mm magnetic snap
- Coordinating thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.