All posts may contain affiliate links.
This clutch features a great foundation paper-pieced exterior. Even if you have never paper pieced before, you will be able to navigate through this template. The pattern includes the paper-piecing templates used to make the clutch, and this design is not technically complicated for someone who has never paper-pieced before.
The clutch also features a structured top, a recessed zipper, and an optional wrist strap. This pattern is also scrap-friendly, so feel free to use up those small bits from your stash!
Although the blocks take a bit more time than regular quilt piecing, the results are often amazing. Paper-piecing provides sharp points and angles that you often could never get from regular piecing.
The pdf pattern includes 11 pages of sewing instructions, templates, and 23 color step-by-step photos. And the finished size of the bag is 12″ long by 6-1/2″ tall.
Supplies Needed to Make this Clutch:-
- Fabric for the exterior top band & bottom – pick your favorite quilting cotton,
- Fabric for the sun rays,
- Fabric for the sun center,
- A fat quarter of fabric for lining,
- Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing (or a lightweight fusible),
- Pellon #809 Decor Bond,
- Pellon #TP971F Thermolam fusible fleece interfacing,
- Optional: for the wrist strap, please add 1/2” metal D-ring and 1/2” long metal swivel clip.
Click here for the pattern