All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Aria Mini Crossbody Bag pdf sewing pattern which is a confident beginner-level pattern for the cutest small purse that could just become your new favorite bag sewing pattern.
The designer, Bagstock Designs, describes it as a small bag that is perfect for essentials on a night out or holidays but do not be fooled by the compact size and the ‘Mini’ name, because she holds a lot!
Features of the Aria Mini Crossbody Bag:-
– Exterior front zipper pocket,
– Exterior front slip pocket,
– Interior zipper pocket,
– Three credit card slots and a small slip pocket inside,
– Adjustable crossbody strap.
When you have finished making your very own Aria Mini Crossbody Bag it will measure approximately 7″ wide by 6.5″ high by 2.25″ deep at the bottom.
The designer rates this project as suitable for an intermediate sewer. Basic sewing skills are necessary and you should be familiar with sewing patterns.
What is needed to make an Aria Mini Crossbody Bag:
- 1/4 yard of 44” quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1/4 yard of 44” woven or vinyl/cork contrasting fabric (1 yard if using directional print),
- 1/2 yard of 44” quilting weight lining fabric,
- 2 yards of fusible woven interfacing – 20” wide (Pellon SF-101 Shapeflex), [1 yard if using 45” wide],
- 1/4 yard of 45” fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam plus TP971),
- 2.25” by 7” piece of fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex / Decovil Heavy),
- One 8” or longer #4.5 / #5 zipper (front zipper pocket),
- One 7” or longer #3 zipper (interior zipper pocket),
- One twist-lock or magnetic snap,
- Two 3/4” D-rings,
- Two 3/4” swivel hooks,
- One 3/4” slider,
- Two rivets – size 8mm (Six rivets if you wish to add to Connectors too), Rivets are optional*,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes forty pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. The pattern also includes printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.