All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is this designers current favourite bag from her collection so far and she has quite a collection. This is a PDF sewing pattern for The Sedgeford Bag. The simple clean lines of this design are reminiscent of the styles of the 1940s but with a modern asymmetrical twist, in the designers signature style.
It’s the perfect size to house all of the essentials for a day at the office, or out and about in the town or country. It is made with two contrasting fabrics and is suited to anything from tweeds paired with corduroy or velvet for autumn/winter to heavy cotton canvas or patterned linen for spring/summer. The flap template doubles as an interior patch pocket, of which you can add one, or two.
The Sedgeford Bag’s approximate finished dimensions are: Height 9” (23cm), Width at widest point 14” (36cm), Base width 2 (5cm) and the Strap length is approximately 40” (102cm).
To make the Sedgeford Bag you will need
- 1/3 yard (32cm) of 60” (154cm) wide, or ½ yard (50cm) of 44” (112cm) wide of exterior fabric
- 1/3 yard (32cm) of 60” (154cm) wide, or ½ yard (50cm) of 44” (112cm) wide of contrasting exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard (62cm) of 44” (112cm) wide of lining fabric
- 2/3 yard (62cm) of 36” (92cm) wide of firm sew-in interfacing (and optional of batting)
- 1/3 yard (32cm) of 36” (92cm) wide of fusible interfacing
- 40” by 5” (105cm x 14cm) of fusible web
- One magnetic snap
- Two large buttons
- One piece of plastic canvas for base approx. 2” (5cm) by 12” (31cm)
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Click here for the pattern
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.