This is a PDF sewing pattern for The Sedgeford Bag. The simple clean lines of this design are reminiscent of the styles of the 1940s but with a modern asymmetrical twist, in Charlie’s Aunt signature style.
The Sedgeford Bag is the designers current favourite bag from her collection so far. It’s the perfect size to house all of the essentials for a day at the office, or out and about in the town or country.
It’s made with two contrasting fabrics and is suited to anything from tweeds paired with corduroy or velvet for autumn/winter to heavy cotton canvas or patterned linen for spring/summer. The flap template doubles as an interior patch pocket, of which you can add one, or two.
Height 9” (23 cm), Width at widest point 14” (36 cm), Base width 2″ (5 cm). The strap length is approximately 40” (102 cm).
- 1/3 yard (32 cm) of 60” (154 cm) wide, or ½ yard (50 cm) of 44” (112 cm) wide exterior fabric 1,
- 1/3 yard (32 cm) of 60” (154 cm) wide, or ½ yard (50 cm) of 44” (112c m) wide contrast exterior fabric 2,
- 2/3 yard (62 cm) of 44” (112 cm) wide lining fabric,
- 2/3 yard (62 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide firm sew-in interfacing (and optional of batting),
- 1/3 yard (32 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide fusible interfacing,
- 40” by 5” (105 cm by 14 cm) of fusible web,
- One magnetic snap,
- Two large buttons,
- A piece of plastic canvas for base approx. 2” (5 cm) by 12” (31 cm),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This PDF has 19 pages—10 pages including the cover, general, cutting out and step-by-step instructions, and 9 pattern sheets with the templates, which you must print and cut out. All of the templates are actual size and all seam allowances already added. As all of the templates are too big to fit on one sheet, you must cut out and tape these templates together where shown. Instructions for this are clear. If you wish to make a few bags from Charlie’s Aunt sewing patterns or books to sell, please read the rules in the “additional information” section of our designer page.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.