This messenger style bag has a really great old style look using modern materials. And the best thing of all is the pattern and the tutorial are absolutely FREE.
The Scientist’s Satchel features the following:
- a super-useful front pocket
- an awesome turn-lock closure
- a finished size of 12″ wide by 8″ tall by 4″ deep
What you will need to make the Scientist’s Satchel
- 1 yard of 45″ wide or ⅔ yard of 60″ wide medium to heavyweight fabric (denim, canvas or faux suede) for the main bag
- ¾ yard of lightweight fabric (quilting cotton) for the lining
- One 1″ turn lock
- One 12″ zipper
- Matching sewing thread
- Either various fabric paints for painting your image or Appliqué Supplies – 10″ by 10″ scrap of appliqué fabric for gears (cotton or felt) and 10″ by 10″ piece of light or heavy duty fusible web
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE Pattern & Tutorial