All posts may contain affiliate links.
In the bag-sewing world, there is sometimes a tendency for bags to look kinda similar. After all, how many ways can you make a bag? So when something totally different comes up, it’s like a breath of fresh air. Take this amazing mini suitcase for example – just how many free suitcase sewing tutorials have you ever seen? Exactly – not many.
And not only is this unusual, but it’s also so pretty too. And beautifully made. We love everything about it and think you will too. Check out the free pattern and tutorial – link below.
To make this case you will need:
- Various sizes of fabric scraps to created your patchwork panels (or use a fabulous fabric with a large scale print)
- 1/2 yard fabric for lining
- 3 1/2 yards bias tape (store bought or you can make your own with 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric cut on the bias)
- 36″ non-separating Zipper
- 8 inches of 1.5 or 2-inch wide grosgrain ribbon or twill tape for the suitcase handle
- Regular quilting machine needles as well as heavy duty machine needles to change out throughout the project.
SUPPLY LIST FOR:
1 yd. fusible Peltex
3/4 yard drill cloth
large scraps quilt batting
3/4 yard duck cloth
Quilted Suitcase pattern and tutorial
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!