Portland Tote sewing pattern
The Portland Tote Bag is a classic tote bag purse with carrying handles and a removable adjustable strap. The recessed zipper closure keeps everything secure.
You can create your own super useful everyday handbag using this Portland Tote Bag sewing pattern. This is the perfect project for an intermediate sewer.
This bag has many special features as follows:
- A large exterior slip pocket,
- An interior zipper pocket,
- An interior slip pocket,
- A main zipper closure.
- A recessed zipper top closure.
When you make your own Portland Tote Bag it will measure approximately 11″ tall by 12″ wide on the bottom by 4″ deep.
What you will need to make a Portland Tote Bag:-
- 3/4 of a yard of the main exterior fabric. You could use Essex linen, canvas, linen/cotton blend prints, denim, home décor fabric. Waxed canvas or oilskin could also be used, skip adding interfacing if using either of these,
- 3/4 of a yard of lining fabric. You could use quilting cotton or canvas,
- 2-yards of fusible interfacing. The designers favorite is Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700. Pellon Fusible Fleece could be used for the exterior panels instead if you prefer a squishier, more sturdy bag,
- One 14″ long metal or nylon zipper,
- One 9″ long metal or nylon zipper,
- Two 3/4″ wide by 13″ long strips of leather or webbing for the handles,
- One 1″ wide by 46″ long cotton or nylon webbing for the strap,
- Two 1″ wide D-Rings,
- Two 1″ wide swivel hooks,
- One 1″ wide rectangular strap slider,
- One heavy-duty snap closure or Kam snap (optional),
- Ten 6-8 mm rivets (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern is a measure and cut pattern meaning all pattern pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No printed templates are needed to make this bag. You will receive twelve pages of clear, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and color photos to make this fantastic bag.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See more patterns from this designer here