All posts may contain affiliate links.
A classy tote bag purse with hand carrying straps and a removable shoulder strap. A large outside pocket with snap keeps your essentials on hand. Inside there are plenty of slip pockets and a zipper pocket to keep things safe. A recessed zipper closure on top completes the look.
- Main zipper closure,
- Removable, adjustable shoulder/ crossbody strap,
- Exterior slip pocket,
- Interior zipper pocket,
- Three inner slip pockets.
Approximately 7½” wide on the bottom by 7¾” tall by 4½” deep.
- Fabric A (exterior) – ½ yard,
- Fabric B (lining) – ½ yard,
- Interfacing (Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700) – 1¼ yard,
- One 6” long or longer standard #3 nylon zipper,
- One 12” long or longer standard #3 nylon zipper,
- Webbing (handles) – two – 3/4” wide by 13”,
- Webbing (adjustable strap) – one – 1” wide by 47” – 60” long strip (depending on how long you want your strap to be, the ones in the photo are 47” long),
- Strap hardware – two – 1” wide swivel hooks,
- One – 1” wide strap slider,
- Snap closure (optional) – one Snap Closure (plastic or metal).
All measurements are in inches.
- Fabric A (exterior)* – Designer canvas, denim, cotton/linen blend, Essex linen,
- Fabric B (lining) – Quilting cotton,
- Interfacing – Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700 fusible interfacing,
- Zippers – Standard #3 nylon zipper or #3 zipper by the foot/meter,
- Webbing (handles) – ¾” wide polyester or cotton light to medium weight webbing,
- Webbing (adjustable strap) – 1” wide polyester or cotton light to medium weight webbing,
- Strap hardware – 1” wide hardware of choice,
- Snap closure (optional) – KAM snap or metal snap fastener.
*You could use quilting cotton for the exterior of the bag if you wish, but the designer suggests you then use fusible fleece (Pellon TP971 or Vlieseline H640) instead of the interfacing for your exterior panels.
Please note, this is a measure and cut pattern meaning all pattern pieces are cut using cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No templates are provided to make this bag!
You will receive fifteen pages of clear, easy to follow step by step instructions and color photos to make this fantastic bag.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.