Oakley Organizer Crossbody Bag sewing pattern
This is the Oakley Organizer Crossbody Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer RLR Creations Sewing.
The designer has made this bag with lots of pockets so you have a place for everything which should lead you to have little or no clutter at the bottom of your handbag. The spacious main compartment gives you room for those larger items.
Crossbody bags give you an excellent hands-free experience. The Oakley is made with an adjustable strap that you can wear over the shoulder or cross-body style.
As mentioned this bag has lots of pockets. The front features two slip pockets and two zipper pockets, while on the back there is one large zippered pocket.
Pleated sides give you a spacious interior without adding bulk, and by using pretty contrast pieces you’ll be able to mix and match fabrics to create your own original look!
The Oakley has a top zipper closure that helps keep everything securely inside.
When you have finished making your very own Oakley Crossbody Bag it will measure approximately 10” wide by 10½” tall by 3½” deep.
What’s needed to make an Oakley Organizer Crossbody Bag:-
- 1 yard of 44” wide Quilting Weight Cotton for the main fabric,
- One piece of 8″ by 10″ Vinyl, Cork, or Leather for the contrasting fabric,
- 1 yard of 44” wide quilting weight cotton for the lining fabric,
- ¾” yard of 45” Fusible Pellon 809 Decor Interfacing for the heavy interfacing,
- 1-yard of Fusible Pellon SF 101 Shape Flex for the light interfacing,
- ¼ yard of Fusible Fleece -TP 971F-Pellon Fleece Thermolam Plus for the stabilizer,
- One 14” #5 zipper,
- One 8” #5 zipper,
- Two 10” zippers,
- Two 1” rectangle rings,
- One 1” slider,
- One magnetic snap,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you choose a Cork Fabric or Light to Midweight Vinyl or Leather for the exterior then you will need:-
- ⅔ yard of 54” wide Vinyl, Cork, or Leather for the main fabric,
- 1 yard of 44” wide Quilting Weight Cotton for the lining fabric,
- ¼ yard of 45” Fusible Pellon 809 Decor Interfacing for the heavy interfacing,
- 1¾ yards of Fusible Pellon SF 101 Shape Flex for the light interfacing,
- ¼ yard of Fusible Fleece -TP 971F-Pellon Fleece Thermolam Plus for the stabilizer.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.