All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Mini Shades Pouch by Andrie Designs is an easy to follow sewing pattern that will help you create a beautiful pieced pouch. The outer front panel is constructed with a series of stunning curved pieces, allowing you to play around with a collection of coordinating or contrasting fabrics. Or why not make a plain front pouch using the outer back pattern piece for an even easier and faster sew.
This pattern makes up beautifully and will quickly become your go-to for last-minute gift ideas!
The Mini Shades Pouch features a simple magnetic closure with a detachable crossbody strap (using super-cute ¾” hardware).
The finished size of the Mini Shades Pouch is 8” high, 6″ wide and 1” deep.
What is needed to make a Mini Shades pouch:–
- Quilting cotton for six outer front pieces,
- Quilting cotton for the outer back piece,
- Quilting cotton for the outer gusset, strap & strap connectors,
- Quilting cotton for the zipper pocket & lining,
- Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640),
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101),
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F),
- One Magnetic Snap,
- Two D-Rings, two Swivel Hooks, one Slider,
- One Coordinating Dress Zipper,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.