All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Mini Shades Pouch by Andrie Designs is an easy to follow sewing pattern that will help you create a beautiful pieced pouch. The outer front panel is constructed with a series of stunning curved pieces, allowing you to play around with a collection of coordinating or contrasting fabrics. Or why not make a plain front pouch using the outer back pattern piece for an even easier and faster sew.
This pattern makes up beautifully and will quickly become your go-to for last-minute gift ideas!
The Mini Shades Pouch features a simple magnetic closure with a detachable crossbody strap (using super-cute ¾” hardware).
The finished size of the Mini Shades Pouch is 8” high, 6″ wide and 1” deep.
What is needed to make a Mini Shades pouch:–
- Quilting cotton for six outer front pieces,
- Quilting cotton for the outer back piece,
- Quilting cotton for the outer gusset, strap & strap connectors,
- Quilting cotton for the zipper pocket & lining,
- Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640),
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101),
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F),
- One Magnetic Snap,
- Two D-Rings, two Swivel Hooks, one Slider,
- One Coordinating Dress Zipper,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.