All posts may contain affiliate links.
You can create this scrappy Log Cabin tote from 5” squares in just a weekend. What a great way to use up even your smallest scraps of fabric. You don’t need to be a quilter to follow this pattern and create this log-cabin block for this bag pattern – it’s really easy to piece the design and no actual quilting is necessary unless you really want to!
This is a great scrap buster, or you can make it from purchased charm square packs too for a pretty and fully co-ordinated look.
When you have finished making your Mini Log Cabin Bag it will measure approximately 8 ½” by 9 ½” by 1 ½”.
What you will need to make the Mini Log Cabin Bag:-
- Two 5″ squares red print (blocks) [Check here on Fabric.com for some pretty charm squares],
- Eighteen 5″ squares total assorted cream prints and light blue prints (blocks),
- Eighteen 5″ squares total assorted dark blue prints and black prints (blocks, handles),
- 2x 5″ squares blue (handles),
- 3⁄8 of a yard of lining print,
- 3⁄8 of a yard of thin batting,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Find the full instructions for the log cabin bag here
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.