Megan Foldover Tote Bag sewing pattern
This great Tote Bag gives you the option to part fill it, fold over the top, and wear it over your shoulder using the shoulder strap. Or you can fill it to the brim and use the good-sized handles to carry it by hand, or which you can also wear over your shoulder if the bag becomes heavy.
The Megan Foldover Tote Bag has the following special features:
- It can be worn either as a tote bag or foldover tote
- One exterior zipper pocket
- One interior slip pocket
- A magnetic snap closure.
When you have finished making your Megan Foldover Tote Bag it will measure approximately 11” wide by 13” tall by 4” deep.
Love it or hate it, this is a measure and cut pattern meaning all pattern pieces are cut using cutting mat, rotary cutter and ruler. No templates are needed to make this bag, so you can save on the paper and ink. No printing and sticking bits of paper together to make up a pattern you don’t really need.
We love measure and cut patterns where all the pieces are square and rectangle – so quick and easy.
What you will need to make the Megan Foldover Tote Bag:-
- Fabric requirements are based on 42” wide fabric.
- ½ yard of fabric A for the main exterior panels, strap, handles, D-ring tabs. Linen or heavier weight cotton is the best.
- ½ yard of fabric B for the exterior contrasting top bands, lining facing, inner pocket, handles. You should use quilting cotton here.
- ¾ yard of fabric C for the mainlining panels, zipper pocket lining. You should use quilting cotton here.
- 2 ¼ yards of SF101 interfacing or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice.
- ¾ yard of interlining fabric (canvas, denim, or some other heavier weight fabric) to make your bag sturdier. This is optional but very highly recommended.
- 16” square piece of paper to make a template
- One 10” long metal or nylon zipper
- One magnetic snap closure
- Four 3/4” D-rings
- Two 3/4” swivel lobster hooks
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to add the Megan Foldover Tote Bag pattern to your collection then you should click on the link below. You will then be able to download twelve pages of clear, easy to follow step by step instructions and color photos to make this bag.
Click here for the Megan Tote pattern
See all the patterns from this designer here
Find even more Tote Bag Sewing Patterns hereDo you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.