All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here we have a fabulous sewing pattern for a great unisex duffel bag named the Marvin Duffel Bag. Everyone needs a bag like this at some point in the week to carry things for the gym, a night away, a busy day at work or school, or any time you need a casual bag that is strong and has plenty of space.
With this excellent pattern and tutorial, you will learn how to sew a travel bag with zipper closure. It’s unisex design means it’s suitable for everyone, and your guy will make good use of this bag too. Sewing for men is difficult, but here’s the ideal pattern to make something you know he will use.
The Marvin Duffel Bag has the following features:
- One zippered pocket on the front
- Two handles and a shoulder strap that can be worn in two ways
- The length of the shoulder strap can be adjusted to your needs, and the shoulder pad improves wearing comfort
- The bag is fully lined
- At the bottom, there is a removable stabilizer panel
- The bag has feet to protect it from dirt and moisture.
The designer describes her projects difficulty level as four out of five stars, so it’s not for complete beginners, but if you are confident with zippers and working in heavier fabrics, take it step by step and you’ll make a good job.
When you have finished making the Marvin Duffel Bag it will measure approximately 25cm (10″) high by 42cm (16½”) wide by 23cm (9″) deep.
If you would like to give the Marvin Duffel Bag pattern a try, you should click on the link below. You will then be able to download four pdf files. The four pdf files are as follows:
- Pattern pieces in A4 and US letter size.
- Twenty-six pages of instruction of sewing the bag, with lots of photos and diagrams.
- A tutorial showing an alternative way of sewing top corners.
- Information on how to attach rivets, snaps and eyelets.
Click here for the pattern
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest
account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.