All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is one of this designer’s best-selling bags and you can see why as it looks absolutely fabulous. It’s perfect for gals AND guys too!
If you want to make yourself a great medium-sized crossbody bag then The Marina Unisex Crossbody Bag is the one for you. The designer has included two connector options in the pattern, one with rivets and one without rivets.
The Marina Unisex Crossbody Bag has the following features:-
- An exterior slip pocket with flap.
- An exterior back zipper pocket.
- An interior zipper pocket.
- An interior pen pocket.
- Two interior slip pockets.
- A zip-top closure to keep the bag’s contents secure.
- An adjustable strap.
The design is perfect if you want to mix and match different prints or pair a print with a solid. It also works beautifully in a single solid color fabric with the seams and designs adding all the interest. Your guy might like it in vinyl or leather and it works great for that too!
To be able to make the Marina Unisex Crossbody Bag you will need to be an advanced beginner sewer who is familiar with sewing patterns.
When you finish making the Marina Unisex Crossbody Bag it will measure approximately 10” wide by 11” high by 3” deep at the bottom.
When you download this digital pattern it includes 37 pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. It also includes printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
What you will need to make the Marina Unisex Crossbody Bag:-
- 1/2 yard of quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1/2 yard of contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl,
- 3/4 yard of quilting weight lining fabric,
- 1 1/2 yards of 45” wide fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF-101 shape flex / wovenfuse),
- 3/4 yard of 20” wide sew-in foam interfacing (Pellon flex foam). If you like slouchy bags, use fusible fleece instead of foam),
- 5.5” by 2.5” piece of fusible fleece for the flap,
- 10” by 3” piece of fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71f / Decovil heavy),
- One 9” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper for the interior zipper pocket,
- One 12” or longer #4.5 handbag zipper for the exterior back zipper pocket,
- One 12” or longer #4.5 handbag zipper for the main zipper closure,
- One zipper end,
- Two 1” D-rings,
- Two 1” swivel hooks,
- One 1” slider for the adjustable strap,
- One 14mm magnetic snap,
- Rivets – size 9mm ( Rivets are optional. You can make this bag without rivets too),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.