All posts may contain affiliate links.
If you want to make yourself a beautiful bag then the Luisa Crossbody bag is an awesome pattern to add to your sewing pattern collection. We especially like the separate base to the bag which you can sew with a hard-wearing fabric or just to add some interesting contrast to your fabrics.
The outside has a neat full-width split pocket with contrast trim. On the other side is a hidden zipper pocket, but don’t worry, it’s not difficult to sew and looks great!
The Luisa Crossbody Bag has lots of special features for you to enjoy:-
- A hidden zipper pocket on the front,
- Two slip pockets on the back,
- One interior zipper pocket,
- A main recessed zipper closure,
- An adjustable strap.
You can create your own beautiful everyday purse which when finished measures approximately 10” wide by 9” tall by 3” deep.
Please be aware that the designer of this bag regards the difficulty level of this bag as advanced. We know many of you like a challenge and will enjoy sewing this one.
What you will need to make the Luisa Crossbody Bag:-
- ¾ of a yard of fabric A being the main exterior fabric – pick a pretty quilting cotton,
- ½ a yard of fabric B being the contrasting exterior bottom + strap,
- ¾ of a yard of fabric C being the lining,
- ½ a yard of interlining fabric (canvas, denim, or some other heavier weight fabric),
- 2-yards of SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice),
- One 12” long metal or nylon zipper,
- One 8” long metal or nylon zipper,
- One 6” long metal or nylon zipper,
- Two 1” rectangle or circle strap rings – check our resources page for our recommended hardware suppliers,
- One 1” rectangle strap slider,
- Five 7mm rivets (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
See all the patterns from this designer here
More crossbody bag sewing patterns ->
Want to find more crossbody bags? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite crossbody bag patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.