All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Lemon Tree Waist Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Bagstock Designs.
The designer descruibes her Lemon Tree Waist Bag as perfect for carrying around when you want to put a lot of your stuff into a small bag and have your hands free. A phone, credit cards, money, coins, a passport, etc.. This small waist bag is roomy enough for all these items.
Features of the Lemon Tree Waist Bag:
- One exterior slip pocket.
- One interior zippered pocket.
- On the interior – Three credit card slots and a small slip pocket.
- Twist lock / Magnetic closure.
- Adjustable waist strap.
- Two Different flap designs included in the pattern.
When you finish making your very own Lemon Tree Waist Bag it will measure approximately 7.75” wide by 5.5” high by 2” deep.
The designer rates her sewing project as suitable for advanced beginner sewers. You should have at least basic sewing skills and you should be familiar with sewing patterns.
What’s needed to make a Lemon Tree Waist Bag:-
- A fat eighth quilting weight exterior fabric,
- ¼ yard contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl/cork,
- ⅔ yard quilting weight lining fabric,
- 1-yard fusible woven interfacing – 45” wide (2 yards if using 20”) (Pellon SF-101 Shapeflex / Wovenfuse),
- ¼ yard sew-in foam interfacing – 20” wide (Pellon flex foam),
- ¼ yard fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam plus TP971) or Decovil light,
- One 6” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper (Interior zipper pocket),
- One twist lock,
- Two 1″ swivel hooks,
- Two 1″ D-rings,
- One 1″ slider,
- Double-sided tape or fabric glue,
- Two size 9mm rivets (Optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes twenty five pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. The pattern also includes printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.