All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Integral Bow Clutch Purse sewing pattern. This clever pattern is for a structured, zipped clutch with a beautiful sumptuous bow on the front. The bow is not “stuck on”, instead it’s integrated into the body of the front panel. The fabric is pieced together and gathers up to form the bow, like a perfectly wrapped gift!
You can choose to make the standard length of bow as the black clutch pictured, or follow instructions to elongate it into something extra glamorous and eye-catching, as the red clutch. Instructions are provided for both options.
The clutch is fully lined with a useful internal pocket & uses the designers’ awesome method for inserting a professional-looking sunken/ hidden zip in the top of the clutch, so all your contents stay safely inside.
If you wish you can add an interesting zip pull (such as the tassel pictured). The designer has posted some free tutorials on her blog.
This design would suit a wide variety of fabrics, including light-weight fabrics as the fabric is reinforced with fusible interfacing. The designer recommends any of the following – duchess satin, cotton, denim, silks, brocade, lurex etc.
This sewing pattern consists of two separate files:
- One file with very clear step-by-step instructions with photographs and diagrams. (no need to print)
- One file with accurate, computer drawn patterns to print out on your home printer at 100% scale, tape together & cut out.
When finished the Integral Bow Clutch will measure approximately 29cm (11 1/2″) long by 14 cm (51/2″) wide by 5cm (1 3/4″) depth at the base.
What you will need to make the Integral Bow Clutch Purse
- 60 cm (24“) length of fabric for the clutch exterior if buying off the roll
- 20cm (8”) length of fabric for the lining if buying off the roll
- Mid-weight fusible woven interfacing. Use Pellon ShapeFlex Woven Fusible SF-101 or Vilene Woven fusible G700.
- Firm non-fusible Heavy-weight interfacing.
- One zip with a minimum length of 30cm/12″. The zip can be nylon or metal. Try to find one with 6mm (3/16th”) width teeth as this will feel more like a handbag type of zip.
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Get the Bow Clutch Bag Pattern here